Rome Sleeps – Top Tips For Finding the Best Accommodation Rome Italy
Looking for the best accommodation in Rome Italy?
If you are planning a Rome Italy vacation, you might be overwhelmed by the number of choices for lodging in Rome… best hotels in rome italy, budget hotels, Rome Bed and Breakfast, apartment rentals and more.
Wondering….How much will it cost for Rome lodging? What area should I stay in Rome Italy?
Let me help you narrow down your choices so you can find the best accommodation Rome Italy.
Cost of Rome Accommodations
Rome is expensive. Keep this in perspective as you plan your Rome holiday.
Here are some ways to save money:
- Avoid the tourist or high season. Holidays, April – July and September- October hotel rates are highest. Since the weather is best during much of this time, you need to weigh these factors into your decision.
- Location of your accommodation will affect prices. Hotels in central Rome are higher.
- You might be able to find discount hotel Rome Italy prices for last minute travel or when hotels have many available rooms.
Location of Rome Accommodation
This is probably one of the most important considerations. There are many different Rome neighborhoods to consider
Neighborhoods in Rome include:
- Central Rome – This area has charming narrow cobblestone streets and is within walking distance to most sights. It is typically more expensive.
- Vatican City – Those who would like to focus on the Vatican and its beautiful museums or like to stay close to the Spiritual heart of the city might enjoy staying in this area.
- Termini – This cheaper, busy area is convenient to transportation including train, bus, tram and metro.
- Forum and Colosseum – Ancient history lovers might like to be close to these ancient Roman ruins.
- Trastevere – This unique, old part of Rome has many restaurants and is lively at night. It is further away from other attractions.