Qualifications for Security Guards – Essential Requirements to Be Hired
The job of a Security guard is a challenging and constantly changing job that requires a variety of skills. Potential applicants need to be familiar with two sets of qualifications. You should be familiar with the requirements and qualifications of the state or agency that will issue your license.
Most of the states require security guards to obtain the certification license to work in security. You can get the security guard license in Kentucky via https://mysecuritytraining.com/kentucky/.
Image Source: google
Each state in the United States has the responsibility of setting regulations and governing the requirements that security guards must meet to be licensed, registered, and applied for. The requirements and qualifications for each state are different, but there is a common set of qualifications that can be used across all states.
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- You have not been convicted for a felony, violent crime.
- Mentally, physically, as well as emotionally competent
- You must be able to pass both a criminal background check and an F.B.I background test.
- You will be able to pass all state-required guard training and guard training exams.
These requirements are generally universal. However, your state may have different rules. It is best to double-check your state's requirements.
The armed guard requirements can vary from one state to the next, but they could include any of the following:
- A state weapon license is available for small arms.
- You are able to get concealed weapons to permit.
- You will be able to pass all required training courses and exams for armed guards.
Your individual requirements will vary depending on the employer you work for. Before you begin the process of becoming a guard, it is a good idea to consult the guard licensing agency or your employer.